Tie your heart at night to mine, love,
and both will defeat the darkness
like twin drums beating in the forest
against the heavy wall of wet leaves.
Night crossing: black coal of dream
that cuts the thread of earthly orbs
with the punctuality of a headlong train
that pulls cold stone and shadow endlessly.
Love, because of it, tie me to a purer movement,
to the grip on life that beats in your breast,
with the wings of a submerged swan,
So that our dream might reply
to the sky’s questioning stars
with one key, one door closed to shadow.
By Pablo Neruda
- eclectikr-poems reblogged this from yama-bato
- artemisdreaming likes this
- elena2 likes this
- the4amcook reblogged this from yama-bato
- l-amour-a-trois likes this
- lushlight likes this
- akubizone likes this
- thetranscendentalmodernist likes this
- wazzaman123 likes this
- iseedoubleyou likes this
- catherinewillis reblogged this from yama-bato
- aliceee said: Stunning. Thank you for sharing these lovely works.
- aliceee likes this
- jntquigley likes this
- yama-bato posted this