A Kind Of Loss
Used together: seasons, books, a piece of music.
The keys, teacups, bread basket, sheet and a bed.
A hope chest of words, of gestures, brought back, used, used up.
A household order maintained. Said. Done. And always a head was there.
I’ve fallen in love with winter, with a Viennese septet, wiht summer.
With Village maps, a mountain nest, a beach and a bed.
Kept a calender cult, declared promises irrevocable,
bowed before something, was pious to a nothing
(-to a folded newspaper, cold ashes, the scribbled piece of paper) ,
fearless in religion, for our bed was the church.
From my lake view arose my inexhaustible painting.
From my balcony I greeted entire peoples, my neighbors.
By the chimney fire, in safety, my hair took on its deepest hue.
The ringing at the door was the alarm for my joy.
It’s not you I’ve lost,
but the world.
- alphabetbones reblogged this from yama-bato
- moredotsthanwords likes this
- touchedbytheblue likes this
- sue-biyori reblogged this from yama-bato
- boneforbone reblogged this from yama-bato
- boneforbone likes this
- lushlight likes this
- kleinkram reblogged this from yama-bato
- half-formed-things likes this
- euniceuhm likes this
- anandaji likes this
- surrenderthepink reblogged this from yama-bato
- mainstones reblogged this from yama-bato
- mainstones likes this
- dnsralugerri likes this
- the-nao-cung-duoc likes this
- pontsully likes this
- vviioollaa likes this
- rimadadenji likes this
- adiseasethatnooneelsehad reblogged this from yama-bato
- adiseasethatnooneelsehad likes this
- kitschgirl65 likes this
- eenybeeny reblogged this from yama-bato
- wine-loving-vagabond likes this
- mirrorsandall likes this
- pixandum likes this
- yuyubees reblogged this from yama-bato
- likewhitemagic likes this
- nelipoet reblogged this from yama-bato
- makeloveoutofwords likes this
- tolearnhigher likes this
- biai likes this
- sabran likes this
- frenchtwist likes this
- bum--culture likes this
- yama-bato posted this